- King Kong: The original classic, and a very clever veiled analogy about the American slave trade that was way ahead of its time. Watch the Inglourious Basterds scene that deals with this allegory.
- Duck Soup: Who will save the bankrupt, tiny nation of Freedonia? Groucho! Considered by many to be the Marx Brothers’ finest work.
- Little Women: The first and, for many, finest incarnation of the adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s novel. Why? Because Katharine Hepburn plays Jo.
Need To See:
4. Bombshell: Jean Harlow, who would die at the age of 27, in her signature role.
5. 42nd Street: Singin’… and dancin’…
6. Dinner At Eight: About the right time for New Yorkers
7. Footlight Parade: Jimmy Cagney wasn’t just a tough guy, he was a master of musicals. Here, produced by the legendary Busby Berkeley.
8. I’m No Angel: Mae West being Mae West. Find out what all the hype was about.